Every year after the holidays have wrapped up and life begins to move forward, I begin to feel the pull towards more simple living. Easy dinners on the patio (because we can do that in January in Arizona) and the return of simple routines that got overshadowed in December, but that ground me in January. It never disappoints to rejuvenate my soul and motivate me to do a little better, be a little kinder.
5 things this week:
1. Have you watched Dumplin' yet on Netflix? It's a cute, quick coming-of-age movie, with a Dolly Parton sound track. Turn it on the next time you're folding laundry. You want be embarrassed when your kids walk in and start watching it with you.
2. I'm obsessed with these ladylike leopard flats. When I had Luke, my feet grew half a size (grrr) which hasn't been overly problematic, but I've been missing my leopard flats that became just a touch too small after he was born.
3. My kids went back to school this week and I had high hopes for my gym time getting back on track. Turns out only 2/3 went back to school the first three days of the week. You can guess how my work outs went. If you're still struggling to get back into your routine post holidays...me too girl, me too.
4. I came across this site a few years ago and haven't been able to quit it. It's a collection of images from a community of photographers and get this...you can download the images and print them for FREE! No joke. High quality and a huge variety. I've printed more than a few for my house.
5. My Real Estate 101 Course is in less than a week and I'm giddy with excitement, mostly because I can't wait for this group to blow their own minds this year. It's sure to be a good time.
With the weekend upon us, you know what that means, Open Houses!
These links are for those of you that love walking houses as much as I do or are in the beginning stages of looking for a home. Use the links below to see the list of weekend open houses going on across the Valley. If you haven't used these links before, I break each list into different cities, then they are sorted by price, so you can find what you're looking for fairly quickly. Once you find a property you want to walk, click on the 'open house' tab at the top right to see the date & time of the open house...and be sure to let me know if you find a gem!
Arcadia || Gilbert || Mesa || Scottsdale
Looking forward to a slow weekend and hope you get a moment to relax and revive this weekend too!
Hi, I'm Amy. When I'm not scouring the valley for the perfect new house, you can usually find me in the kitchen with a gaggle of kids. Chips, salsa and a Diet Coke are usually in hand.