Phew! This week has been a busy one! Wrapped up my Real Estate 101 course last night, it was so amazing to sit around a table with so many wonderful women pursuing big goals! It's infectious to be surrounded by so many like-minded people! Full post about it coming soon, but a few things on my mind this week:
1. We're in the process of getting our garage all ship shape because we're building a corner of it out into a gym and I'm so excited...although our path here was a bit funny, and well, argumentative. I've been loving my 5am gym time and Scot had been wanting to jump on board too. Since we still have a baby sleeping at that time, we didn't both want to be gone to the gym at the same time. So occasionally, I'd skip the gym and we'd do a home workout together. Unfortunately more often than not, it turned into a morning argument. So I began heading to the gym because his workout habits were bugging me and it was WAY to early to already be bugged. Then, he was wondering why we weren't working out together in the morning, then I'd feel guilty and on it went. He didn't actually care that I was heading to the gym and he didn't know his habit of getting water right when I was ready to start was bugging the life out of me. I was certain he could read my mind, but turns out not.
I guess I mostly needed structure and to achieve the same quality workout I was getting in the gym. So I bought him a killer Christmas present and hopefully we'll have it all installed this weekend. I'll keep you updated! Fingers crossed it doesn't include any arguments, but probably not.
2. I loved watching this short video on Facebook that my friend shared. Took the words right out of my mouth. Deciding not to decide is a lame decision. So commit.
3. Looking for a quick dinner? Guys, I'm borderline embarrassed to tell you this, but I feel like it's too good a secret to keep to myself. My friend told me about this and I thought, it was too good to be true. Turns out, it's amazing. Go to your local Walmart (yes, the very place that was out of my gelato on two different occasions), head to the deli, skip over the lunch meat you typically have sliced up for a delicious lunch and go to their prepared foods section. I know, you're beginning to question my judgement, but honestly, give this a go. You'll need to look closely and you'll see they have an Orange Chicken and General Tso's Chicken. Order both. They are 100% white meat and have saved my dinner time hour this week in a major way.
4. We're hosting family this weekend with a big lunch on Sunday. I'm always down with something I can make a 'bar' out of. In the past, I've done a Grilled Cheese bar, with all sorts of different cheeses and fillings, I've done a Bruschetta Bar at an adult party, which I highly recommend, as well as a Taco Bar with different meats and toppings. This Sunday, switching it up a bit and doing a Nacho Bar. I've got the best chili chutney recipe, I can't wait to devour this weekend.
5. I'm loving blogging more thus far this year. I've always let the fall to the back burner, but guys, it's fun for me! It helps me process my thoughts and be more intentional with my time and efforts. If there is a topic you want me to cover, leave a comment below.
With the weekend upon us, you know what that means, Open Houses!
These links are for those of you that love walking houses as much as I do or are in the beginning stages of looking for a home. Use the links below to see the list of weekend open houses going on across the Valley. If you haven't used these links before, I break each list into different cities, then they are sorted by price, so you can find what you're looking for fairly quickly. Once you find a property you want to walk, click on the 'open house' tab at the top right to see the date & time of the open house...and be sure to let me know if you find a gem!
Arcadia || Gilbert || Mesa || Scottsdale
Hi, I'm Amy. When I'm not scouring the valley for the perfect new house, you can usually find me in the kitchen with a gaggle of kids. Chips, salsa and a Diet Coke are usually in hand.