The Saturday Six
I've spent a fair amount of time on my Insta Stories discussing my sleep...or lack thereof. Is it ridiculous that sleep is a goal of mine for 2017? Probably, but that's where I'm at. After I mentioned it in last week's Saturday Six I had several reach out to know what I was doing to conquer the elusive sleep. I'll cover the nuts & bolts of that, along with the best thing I've ever watched on Netflix.
1. Oh sleep. You know you're a mom when you think about sleeping more than you actually sleep, right? in case you missed it on Insta Stories, I've already tired a raw honey & apple cider vinegar combo that was completely unsuccessful...to the point that it kept me UP all night. grr. Then I had a friend who let me borrow her melatonin & that seemed to help quite a bit. So if you're at the very beginning stages of trying to remedy sleep, start there. After I started taking that, my husband came down with vertigo & we ended up in a chiropractor's office. He cured the vertigo & I asked about insomnia. Turns out he had quite a naturopathic approach & after a consult, he recommended two different supplements that have really helped. You can find them here & here. Now I don't know that those will work for you at all. He had a couple he we worked through together to find a good fit for me. If you're local & want his help, just shoot me an email & I'll get you his info.
2. We finally upgraded from our queen size bed to a king. My friends have been laughing at me for weeks that Scot & I still sleep in a queen size bed. When you're the size of a 12 year-old, you sometimes just don't think of those things. I was fairly dramatic about it though when our new mattress showed up. I mean, given, my sleep issues this was totally warranted, right? I'll give you the whole run down on the mattress & such, but for now know that I'm sleeping star fish style with all the extra space.
3. Netflix. How many stupid, waste-of-time things have you watched on Netflix? Too many right. Do yourself a solid and watch Jim Gaffigan's Cinco...clean comedy that will have you rolling & thanking your lucky stars for Netflix.
4. My oldest turns T E N tomorrow & I'd tell you I want to curl up and cry over it, except I really love his 10-year-old self. Like he's funny & even better, he still thinks I'm funny. Today I convinced him to sit in the grocery cart like a baby just so everyone around us would feel totally unsure of what to think. He was totally game & you can't complain about that.
5. 3 books on my book list: No Excuses, Commonwealth & The Gift of Fear -- what's on yours?
6. In the event I was thinking about starting a YouTube channel what would you want to hear about? Hypothetically speaking of course.
Hi, I'm Amy. When I'm not scouring the valley for the perfect new house, you can usually find me in the kitchen with a gaggle of kids. Chips, salsa and a Diet Coke are usually in hand.